After years of chipping away at various sound and music experiments, I'm pleased to announce the arrival of these two diversely themed albums from Radical Realm, an ambient experimental music project.
Comprising of twenty tracks in total, these closely released albums are Torrents and Energy. Featuring tracks from a range of different Ambient Electronic styles, including Drone, Experimental, Electronica, Dark and Bright Ambient, and Film Score themes.
The track structure is mostly synthesized textures, with acoustic and orchestral instruments. Sparse field recordings are used. The primary synthesizer is Absynth 5, featuring its many types of synthesis: Wavetable, Additive, FM, Granular and physical modelling. The rich FM8 is also used at times.
Some tracks and techniques are highlighted below:
Torrents - Turbulent, emotive and optimistic themes.
- Air Currents - Expressive wavetable drone, with curious, wandering solo theme.
- Bleeding Light - Fluttering wavetable drone sound, stabilised with a steady Mallet instrument. Industrial sounds. Suspense.
- Virtue - Orchestral strings introduction, into drone sound. Streaks of light and brightness with high-frequency wisps.
- Cycles - Physical modelled sounds. Moving, subtle resonances. Climbing, looping tonalities.
- Misted Mountain - Dense, rich drone sound, detailed with reverberation and post-EQ. Contrasted with soft, organic Shakuhachi flute. The drone is followed by longer pauses and swelling envelopes.
- Looking Back - Legendary chord progression, with running water and evolving drones. Watery soundscape with granulated lead sound. Soft piano.
Energy - Brighter, euphoric and inspiring themes.
- Patient Ray - Simple, creamy pad chords with a progression. Beating, bright overtones.
- Rising Sun - Epic theme with rich FM8 pads and reverberation. Fiery wavetable lead effects and ambient space.
- Aviator Pt.2 - Experimental sound design in helicopter sounds. Synthesized chopping, energetic and musical tones.
- Marvellous Mechanism - Piano pad spectra layered with a dial-tone and square wave, with percussive elements. Dissonant physical modelled chimes and rich melodic progression.
- Every Moment - Sweeping pads for tension and release, along with morphing FM8 arpeggiator and stabbing synth strings.
- Spirals - Swirling synchronised oscillators as a hypnotic melody. Scattering Absynth's Sync Granular module for mysterious timbral effects.